To provide Efficient and Effective Public Financial Management Services, through a highly qualified skilled and motivated workforce, by leveraging on state-of–the-art information technology.
- Responsible for all cash transactions and accounts of the Government; and the receiver general , Paymaster and Chief Accounting Officer of the Government.
- Supervise and direct the technical and professional functions of the Accountant General's Department;
- Establish proper systems of accounting in each department of the Government;
- Supervise proper systems of accounting in each department of the Government;
- Supervise the prompt collection of all public revenue;
- Promptly bring to account, under the proper heads of accounts, sub-heads, and items , all revenue or other receipts;
- Charge all expenditure under the proper heads of accounts, sub-heads, and items;
- Properly provide for the safe keping of all public moneys, stamps, securities and valuables documents;
- Supervise all Accounting Officers entrusted with the receipt and expenditure of public money and take precautions against the occurrence of fraud, embezzlement or carelessness, by the maintenance of frequent checks, including surprise inspections.
JANUARY-JULY 2020 EXPENDITURE BRIEF
This brief presents an analysis of central government expenditure from January to end July 2020. It also aims to inform Senior Management about the composition of total expenditure by different classification, highlighting the absorption capacity of different budget entities (BEs), and give an indication of expenditure trends compared to the same period a year earlier. It should be noted that all expenditure referred to in this brief is solely Government Local Fund (GLF), and the report does not factor any donor funds (loans and grants), including projects across the country.Itemized expenditure report of the D500 million COVID-19 Health Emergency Fund (1st May 2020)
In line with our commitment to ensure transparency and accountability, the Ministry of Finance and Economic Affairs hereby publishes the itemized expenditure list from the D500 million COVID-19 Health Emergency Fund. As of 1st May 2020, D160 million has been released to the Ministry of Health, which is the spending authority on all COVID-19 related matters. The Ministry of Finance will continue to publish all future allocations and expenditures periodically.Study tour on Treasury Single Account Report (TSA)
Study Tour seeks to foster an understanding of the experiences made with the implementation of TSA in Nigeria both at the Federal and State level. In addition, take stock of the requisite public financial management reforms required -the implementation, effectiveness and impact assessment - of the TSA and impediments realized in the implementation process.